Kekova (in Lycian language: Dolichiste) is a small, rocky island off the coast of Kaleköy and Üçağız near Demre district of Antalya province. It is often referred to as "Kakava" in sources. Although it has an area of 4.5 km², nobody lives on this island. The island, which has hostels and cafes, is accessible by boats. After the Italian occupation, Turkey and Italy could not agree on which country the island would belong to, and then the island was left to Turkey with the agreement in 1932. On the north side, shipwrecks from the ancient city of Dolkisthe, which was destroyed by earthquakes in the second century, are found in places. Kekova was re-established and developed during the Byzantine period, but its development could not continue due to Arab invasions. Kekova and its surroundings were declared a protected area by the Ministry of Environment and Forestry on June 18, 1990. Although it was decided that all swimming and diving be done with special permission by the government, this ban was lifted in the following years for places other than the historical sunken ones.